Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Glass-Bottomed Boat in the Red Sea

Dec 10, 2007- Glass-Bottomed Boat

As I decided I’m not keen on being in deep water, and snorkelling and diving didn’t really appeal to me, I chose to see the depths of the Red Sea via a glass-bottomed boat. It was amazing to see a five hundred year old ‘brain’ coral, though some dumb diver sat on the top of it and killed the best part of it off, so it was kind of a mess. I took a photo of a complete 200 year old one instead.

There were many different coloured fish and quite a variety of coral, though I’m not sure what I was really seeing as we whizzed along a little too quickly for me and I didn’t know much about them to start with.


Though we went to five different ‘gardens’, they all kind of looked
the same to me, so this experience wasn’t one of my favourites. Apparently going in the submarine is much more spectacular, but I’ve decided to stay above water and just look at the pretty pictures of the fish and corals instead.

The part I liked best about this excursion was being on the boat and enjoying the sea air, going towards Turin Island and generally touring about Na’ama Bay and heading into the Red Sea. Apparently it’s called the Red Sea because of the reflection of the setting sun.

I met a nice lady from Yorkshire last night, Tina, and spent some time with her this afternoon. She’s a 61 year old three times divorcee who owns a five star hotel in England. We’re meeting up tonight to listen to a four piece band play in the Caribbean Bar at the main hotel of this resort.
Tomorrow I’ll try riding a camel into the desert…..

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jude, WOW the pics are fantastic and I'm sure you have a lot more.Watch when you dismount from the camel and don't crack any ribs!
Take care, have fun and enjoy.
Love, Mom & Dad