Sunday, January 13, 2008

Barcelona Day One continued 2....

Sunday, January 13, 2008...continued 2...

I've found I'm having problems with various High Speed Internet connections here, and I'm losing some of what I'm doing and having to start over. I've decided to do these blogs in smaller chunks, so it's not so hard to manipulate the photos and text.

This particular chunk is of a missionary that I discovered a block from where I live. I'm not sure yet, what building it was in the past, but it had some unique architectural features that I wanted to capture....and a family with a dog sitting on the steps that I thought quite poignant.

The building today is called on the Spanish map, the C. de l'Arc de St. Augusti. I've just discovered it is the historical ruins of the former convent of Saint Augustine (1720). It looks much older than that and has definite arabic influences.
































Tonight I've had a most delicious Spanish supper at a place just around the corner from me on the Las Ramblas strip. It was the special of two tappas, followed by mixed paella, with a glass of Sangria.






















I think Barcelona is really catering to the tourists, or else this is more traditionally food of the Catalonian people. It was good, but the paella was a much moster version than I'd had before...I would definitely go back just to sample the amazing tappas they had.

No comments: