Monday, January 14, 2008

Shots outside my apartment

Monday, January 14, 2008

This is what I can see from my fourth floor apartment. I have a six inch 'balacony,' not even as wide as the ones in these photos...really just a railing to keep me from toppling out of the window.





I would say that Barcelona is the city that never sleeps. There's always something going on...in fact, about the time I'm heaidng for bed between 10:00 and 11:00 pm., it seems to be about the quietest...

then the action starts and it's noisy from all the bards below. Because the streets are so narrow and buildings to tall everything echoes...it carries on basically all night...or at least until 6 a.m.

Then the work people start with the big trucks and the noise starts all over again although at a different pace and sound.... needless to say, I'm not getting much sleep so I'm looking forward to heading to Venice, where I will be in a hotel and one side will be on the canal, so hopefully there won't be as much noise.

The shop with globes was particularly intriguing....I took it from the ground...

No comments: